Website Recommend Recruitment
Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer needed to work with high-profile London Ruby User Group members at an exciting Health Tech start-up of 12 people currently, with major hiring ambition currently. Whistle-clean codebase with momentous scaling opportunity and full c-suite visibility for a strong Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer.
Location: London Bridge, London SE1
Salary £60k – £80k + options + benefits (we are also looking at Mid-level developers, so do apply if you’re in the mood!)
Question for you, our next prospective Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer:
- Are you tired of just being treated as just a tech’ service centre for company executives? Frustrated by your inability to persuade the company that there are better ways to do things?
- Maybe you’re not comfortable with scaling plans at your current firm and want to scale in Ruby-on-Rails as a Senior Developer? Learn from the best, but also influence them?
- Do you understand Metrics, KPI’s, validated learning and Data-driven development? Keen to help scale something that isn’t to something that is?
- Can you cope with Continuous Deployment? Would you say it ‘ain’t code unless its tested?
- Do you get a kick out of coaching? Would you prefer to show someone a new way of doing something, rather than telling them they did it the wrong way?
- Are you a good team-player who can take the lead when needed?
- Can you communicate well with the less technically-minded members of the business?
- Are you passionate about software development? Are you driven to succeed?
If this is you, then this could be your next sure-footed Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer role that will add significant value to your CV. This Health Tech start-up is primed to take its solution to 12+ hospitals in the next 12 months, with your input and those of the best-practice, entrepreneurial colleagues who’ll all help that happen.
You’ll own meaty projects developing their stack, architectural input and leadership where appropriate and supporting the technical build-out of what is currently a beautiful Ruby-on-Rails codebase that they want to scale in the same tech.
You’ll be trusted to produce clean, thoughtful Ruby on the Rails code they have there. While this is a Full Stack role, preference is on Back End work, (but strong Ruby-on-Rails Developers with front and back end experience are still encouraged to apply) and will be asked to give your opinions and ideas as part of a fluidly running Ruby-on-Rails team.
This solution changes lives, and will improve the delivery of acute care to patients within the NHS, but also give you a kicka** opportunity to develop your personal coding range.
Databases (Postgre, MySQL, Mongo, etc)
iOS / Android
Cloud Tech – Amazon AWS, Heroku, Azure etc
The Senior Ruby-on-Rails developer for this role will work with a codebase that has feedback from major Ruby Community members as “the cleanest they’ve seen in a commercial environment” and that the work has “major opportunities for scale”. A good, flexible work culture, this is a real find on the market. You’ll be learning best practice and influencing with your own in Ruby-on-Rails from exceptional people and given autonomy and respect to deliver on your own ideas too (be that code or process). A truly stand-out Senior Ruby-on-Rails Developer opportunity.