Website Recommend Recruitment
Senior Ruby Developer for a TV-Advertised Logistics-oriented business with the latest Ruby technical estate alongside focused Mobile technology too. Role to lead product development for their range of real-time logistics apps, within a 7 person development team.
Location: nearest tube Warren St, Goodge St – Central London
Salary: <£75k + benefits + stock options
Their product team needs to grow, quickly: their breakneck-paced growth comes with many challenges, from their dispatch backend to excellence in front-end UX, and from software architecture to highly usable mobile applications.
They are looking for like-minded Ruby developers who truly love the craft of software engineering. They value a job well done over and above unreasonably long hours. They encourage engineer curiosity, putting time into studying software development (learn new languages, study design patterns or algorithms, experiment with new open source frameworks, etc) and for you to continue to develop new skills.
As a Software Engineer on their team, you will:
- Work with great real-time product people
- Be exposed to the whole business, in an environment where your ideas counts.
- Work with teams from the entire company to design and deliver features for a rapidly growing suite of products
- Design, build, ship and maintain software features across one or more parts of their stack — from operations, backend, & APIs to highly interactive front-ends and mission-critical mobile applications.
- Contribute to this learning organisation: you’ll help defining how we work together, and how we build a great product.
- Report to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software.
- Professional experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (5+ years)
- Experience with TDD environments (RSpec, Minitest, Selenium, Capybara)
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL) and key-value stores (Memcache, Redis)
- A relentless desire to satisfy every customer’s experience.
- A good sense of humour.
- Experience with scaled web architecture (10krpm+).
- Experience with PostGIS or any geographic applications.
- Experience with “NoSQL” data backends (Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with logistics applications
This is one of the most exciting Technology estates to work with in London, with Ruby at its heart, but with Technology agnostic in its spirit. A brand you’ll know and want to be involved with, that’s genuinely a contender to become top of the Tech50.