Website Recommend Recruitment
A Product Owner with strong Agile software development analysis skills is required for a Global, Award-Winning B2B Ecommerce Firm. The Product Owner will have a strong focus on impact analysis on product around a range of web software projects. The Product owner will be responsible for writing user-stories, grooming the backlog to 3-4 deliveries at any one time (depending on size) and ultimately being the voice of the customer. Similar to a Business Analyst but highly product focused.
Location: London, City
Salary: £35k – £40k + health + pension
The Product Owner will have a strong background in Agile Web Software delivery / Business Analysis techniques. Currently, they use Kanban for BAU and Scrum for larger scale delivery. You’ll be considerate of how functionality / systems change will affect the customer experience, and contribute to build phase with your requirements gathering from the discovery phases. 75% of deliveries are bespoke developments, so analysis work is intricate and interesting.
Products include the main web front-end and two back-end products for customers to develop their own white label offering. These products account for £50m in turnover each year and support 300+ concurrent B2B users at any single moment. Team wise, you’ll be working with 12 Developers, 5 QA, as well as Devops / Sys Admin and a Project Manager responsible for overall delivery. Projects include:
- Projects ongoing
- Big enhancement to their distributed messaging architecture for scalability purposes.
- Dynamic pricing engine which allows B2B clients to set standard, promotional, segment and contract prices and then based on their rules engine, prices update automatically when cost prices change. This is supported with dashboards which pull in industry average data about pricing. This allows the client to know what the industry is up to including a waterfall pricing chart for 12 months prior, as well as helping them model future margin.
- Projects on the roadmap (these are just headlines, more to come)
- Extension of their catalogue system allowing clients to order any product they can source, even if it is not in catalogue
- Implementation of personalised recommendations engine
- Complete rebuild of the Search and merchandising tech (Elastic Search and AI / Neural Networking search)
- Complete rebuild of their promotions engine
- Building sales pipeline functionality for prospect customers from scratch
Product Owner or Business Analyst with a Product focus
Strong Agile Business Analysis techniques exposure, including writing user-stories, meet acceptance criteria, grooming backlogs and impact analysis.
Exposed to in-house development teams and technology-passionate as a Product Owner.
Ecommerce business background
Technical / development background in .Net
This Product Owner role is essential to product integrity within this major Ecommerce business, and will give you a great depth and breadth to your experience. Currently running around 13 projects, you’ll immediately go into projects such as a complete overhaul of their bespoke ordering systems. In addition, they are moving their search capability to Elastic Search / AI search technology, as well as moving their architecture from single-tenant to multi-tenanted. You’ll be a highly visible Product Owner to the CTO and CEO and given exceptional support along the way.